Shrew Songs Music for The Taming of the Shrew
Released in conjunction with Folger Theatre's 2012 production of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, this limited edition collection of rustic, heartfelt songs is written and performed by acclaimed singer-songwriter Cliff Eberhardt. The songs, from and inspired by the play, are performed nightly on stage by Eberhardt in the role of The Blind Balladeer.
Aaron Posner, the award-winning director of Folger Theatre's Shrew, says, "Cliff's music is smart and sad, insightful and true, and it contains a wisdom wrung from experience that somehow feels very right for the complex world of The Taming of the Shrew."
Red House Records artist Cliff Eberhardt has made a number of recordings, including The High Above and The Down Below, named the #5 album of 2007 by USA Today. His songs have been recorded by Richie Havens, Lucy Kaplansky, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Erasure, and others, and his high-profile advertising jingles include Chevrolet's "Heartbeat of America" campaign and jingles for Coke and Miller Beer. Learn more at www.cliffeberhardt.net.
Cliff Eberhardt: voice, guitar, bass, piano, percussion. Running Time: 31:42. Compact Disc, 2012.
Shrew Songs - track listing:
1. That Kind of Love (from The Long Road, Windham Hill Records)
2. Oh Lord, What Fools These Mortals May Be
3. Some Call Love
4. It's All About the Money
5. I Want To Take You Home (from 500 Miles: The Blue Rock Sessions, Red House Records)
6. I Love A Wedding
7. Sing The Blues
8. Trouble For Life
9. Unrequited (from Borders, Red House Records)
10. After The Rain Falls (from The High Above and the Down Below, Red House Records)
11. Someone Like You (from 12 Songs of Good & Evil, Red House Records)